23.7.12

Autogeography


Saul Steinberg, Autogeography, 1966

I am fascinated by all of the ways that people document their lives and experiences - photos, letters, lists, collections. Each one carries a different kind of weight.

 But this piece by Saul Steinberg is especially poignant to me lately - an Autogeography.

With all of the moving around we have done lately, I feel that Place has had the greatest influence over my life.  Where I have been has certainly become an integral part of who I now am.

I may have to try my hand at my own autogeography sometime soon.

3 comments:

Atarah said...

This is creative and beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Ann Marie said...

beautiful! what an awesome idea!

Jim (Hidden Genealogy Nuggets Blog) said...

I just found your blog through Geneabloggers. You have some very interesting and uniquely creative posts.

Regards, Jim
Hidden Genealogy Nuggets