20.2.12

My Sister's Wedding
































my sister got married last weekend. she was lovely, the wedding was wonderful and overall it was a joy-filled weekend. The thing that amazed me the most about the whole thing, was how much of a community effort it was.

The lovely white and cream dinnerware was all borrowed from family friends. 
 
My Grandpa and Uncle cut wood rounds for all of the table centerpieces. 

The doilies in the center or each table were a collection of thrift store finds and family heirlooms. 

The lovely blue suitcase that held cards belonged to my great grandmother  and now holds my mother's genealogy when it isn't being employed at weddings.

I feel like that is exactly how a wedding should be - deeply rooted in family and community as you begin a new stage in life. 

Congrats Josh and Beth!


No comments: