22.1.12

Family Memories

 Image via Flickr

One of my earliest memories of my wonderful grandpa wills is actually a memory of the back of his truck.

He had this old chevy truck with a shell on the back and the entire bad was carpeted! We thought it was just the best! All the grand kids would pile in the back and brace ourselves against the carpeted walls of the truck as my grandpa took speed bumps at high speeds and made every turn in the road into a hairpin curve. How we all survived to adulthood is beyond me.

It eventually became something I simultaneously dreaded and loved. It was exhilarating in the moment but I was constantly bracing myself for what would come next. I would always stagger away from the truck with bumps and bruises all over my body and wonder why I would want to waste my time with such a painful activity?! Yet, I would find myself begging him to do it all over again the next time. 

(kinda like my sentiments about my addiction to The Bachelor!)

No comments: